Technical Sales Engineer
Due to their ongoing success, SmartFactory is now looking to hire a Technical Sales / Pre-Sales Engineer to join their team based at the Nexus Innovation Centre, on the University of Limerick Campus, and play a pivotal role in growing their customer base.
You will be technically proficient, energetic, articulate, and have a proven record of understanding customer requirements and turning those requirements into fully defined solutions.
- Own the customer engagement – driving the requirement gathering and scoping process and leading customer design workshops
- Deliver articulate and compelling value propositions around SmartFactory products and services
- Lead the sales effort with support from Management.
- Carefully listen and understand customer needs and define how our offerings could address those needs
- Establish relationships with key technical, marketing, product management and program delivery stakeholders within our clients
- Understand customer pain points and define solutions to solve customer problems
- Identify new opportunities for growth
- Increase deal value and accelerate the sales cycle by engaging at multiple levels in the customer organisation
- Present a persuasive business case, sound technical arguments and a clear value proposition
- Deliver Customer Demos, Technical Presentations, Proposal Documents and Customer Business Case models.
- Be an active member of the wider engineering team, working to continually improve the deployment capability of solutions as well as focusing on increasing their profitability.
Experience, Skills and Capabilities:
- You will have worked in a technical sales capacity , ideally within a manufacturing or engineering environment
- You will hold a qualification in an engineering related field (Computing, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical role
- Be an outstanding communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills
- You will bring expertise in facilitating customer design meetings, ensuring alignment of decision making with internal and external stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- While being strong technically, you will have the ability to communicate complex ideas, anticipate potential objections and persuade others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Have rigorous focus on client success
- Strong organizational skills and disciplined follow-up with customers
- Strong oral, editing, and written skills
- A willingness to travel given the spread of our client base.
- A driving licence is required
A Full Time position for an experienced Software Engineer is available in our Limerick office.
This exciting position offers a unique opportunity to work with an experienced team of engineers that design and deploy bespoke automation solutions to well recognised multinational and national companies in the pharmaceutical, medical device and food sectors.
The position is interesting, challenging, varied and will expand your skills in areas such as software, automation, project management and teamwork.
- You will take a supporting role in the design, development, installation, commissioning & validation of automation and control solutions, which will include trips to customer sites for installation and commissioning of projects.
- You will liaise with customers to ensure proper understanding of customer requirements are established from the outset.
- You will be tasked with generating documentation when required and work entirely within the client standard operating procedures for all projects.
- You will be an active member of the wider engineering team, working to continually improve the deployment capability of solutions as well as focusing on increasing their maintainability.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with relevant experience in software development.
- A strong understanding of software design and systems plus architecture concepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience with and proficiency in Java and the IntelliJ IDE
Developing with relational databases, SQL server preferred.
- Windows Embedded development and experience with serial protocols (RS232, 485 and 422) and TCP-IP and socket development and knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals (IP protocol, switches, routers)
Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage…
- Experience with the Spring IO Framework
- Experience with PLC programming and hardware interfacing
You must be eligible to work in the EU.
Contact email@example.com for more information.