A Full Time position for an experienced Software Engineer is available in our Limerick office.
This exciting position offers a unique opportunity to work with an experienced team of engineers that design and deploy bespoke automation solutions to well recognised multinational and national companies in the pharmaceutical, medical device and food sectors.
The position is interesting, challenging, varied and will expand your skills in areas such as software, automation, project management and teamwork.
- You will take a supporting role in the design, development, installation, commissioning & validation of automation and control solutions, which will include trips to customer sites for installation and commissioning of projects.
- You will liaise with customers to ensure proper understanding of customer requirements are established from the outset.
- You will be tasked with generating documentation when required and work entirely within the client standard operating procedures for all projects.
- You will be an active member of the wider engineering team, working to continually improve the deployment capability of solutions as well as focusing on increasing their maintainability.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with relevant experience in software development.
- A strong understanding of software design and systems plus architecture concepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience with and proficiency in Java and the IntelliJ IDE
Developing with relational databases, SQL server preferred.
- Windows Embedded development and experience with serial protocols (RS232, 485 and 422) and TCP-IP and socket development and knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals (IP protocol, switches, routers)
Additionally, experience with the following is an advantage…
- Experience with the Spring IO Framework
- Experience with PLC programming and hardware interfacing
You must be eligible to work in the EU.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.